WEAT-NTS 2024 February Seminar Abstract Submissions are open!
The 2024 February Seminar will be on February 6th, 2024.
Hurst Convention Center
1601 Campus Drive
Hurst, Tx 76054
Abstracts must be received no later than 11:59 p.m. central on Friday, December 15th, 2023, for consideration.
We are calling the water sector’s thought-leaders and experts to share their knowledge at the WEAT North Texas Section 2023-24 Programs and February Seminar Abstracts.
Growth Planning and Budgeting Potential Topics:
• How are utilities adjusting to the significant growth in Texas? What is known and not known?
• Stormwater planning and peaking factor changes
• Planning and budgeting for small utilities
• Strategic planning to address differences across the different size facilities within a utility
• Planning for nutrients and regulatory updates (TCEQ)
• How do we hold it together until we are able to execute the growth plans?
• How much is too much, when do we shift from rehab to planning and where is the balance?
• What businesses are moving to north Texas that would affect the collection system and how are utilities planning?
Innovations Potential Topics:
• Technology highlights
• Workforce engagement and recruitment
• Cross training of staff
• Creating new financial options
• Regulatory updates (TCEQ)
• State adjustments to recent weather events
• Cyber security
• Alternate approaches to supply chain issues
• Adapting to cost escalation
Please note: Submitting an abstract does not guarantee that you will be chosen as a speaker for February Seminar 2024 or one of the sections program presentations. Preference will be provided for wastewater focused abstracts, but all focuses are open for consideration. The Program Committee will begin notifying accepted abstracts by mid-December 2023 for participation in February Seminar. All submitted abstracts will receive notice of their final status by January 2024.
Sponsorships for the February Seminar can be purchased through the NTS Square Up site.
Download the 2015 February Seminar Presentations.
To access the WEAT-NTS online payment system, click here.
Your Opinion Matters to Us!
Please take a few minutes to complete this informational Survey for the upcoming February Seminar event.