The WEAT-NTS Constitution contains the fundamental principles which govern the operation of the WEAT North Texas Section. WEAT-NTS Bylaws establish the basic structure, specific rules of guidance, and methods by which officers and committees of the organization to function.
- The Constitution and Bylaws Committee consist of five or more members, including the Secretary and Section Representative.
- The Committee acts on all proposed changes to the Constitution and Bylaws, and submit all approved changes to the Executive Committee.
Proposed Constitution and Bylaws Modifications
- Amendments to the Constitution and its Bylaws may be proposed by the
Executive Committee through its Constitution and Bylaws Committee, by a
majority of the Executive Committee, or by a written petition signed by at
least 10 percent of the members of the Section and submitted to the
- Proposed amendments shall then be considered by the Constitution and
Bylaws Committee and changes made if considered appropriate. The
changed version, if acceptable to the original proposer, or the original version
if changes are not acceptable, shall then be submitted to the Section at its
next meeting provided such proposal has been submitted to the membership
30 days in advance of the meeting date at which Amendments will be voted
- Proposed amendments shall be submitted for approval by the
WEAT NTS Constitution and Bylaws Committee prior to the presentation to
the Section for Adoption.
- Amendments to this Constitution and its Bylaws may be made by two thirds
affirmative vote of the members present and voting at the meeting.
- The Secretary shall advise the Constitution and Bylaws Committee as to
action taken on proposed amendments voted upon.
- When amendments to the Constitution and Bylaws have been approved by
the Section, they shall take effect immediately and the revised constitution
shall be distributed to all interested members current in Section dues.